If your child complaining of itchy or watery eyes this season, you need to take them to an eye doctor in Wellington to have their eyes examined. Seasonal allergies could be the cause. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America revealed that 50 million people in the United States suffer from allergies of which 40 percent are kids. Your children’s eye doctor in Wellington offers a brief overview of eye allergy symptoms and triggers along with advice on how to help your kids.
Signs Your Child has Eye Allergies—Symptoms to Watch for
- Watery eyes
- Frequent blinking
- Eye rubbing
Triggers of Eye Allergies
Your child’s allergies could be caused by indoor or outdoor allergens that float in the air. The most common ones are:
- Pollens from trees, grass, weeds and molds
- Allergens from cats, dogs and other animals like rabbits or horses
- House dust
Treatment options for eye allergies
- Talk to your children’s eye doctor or pediatrician about how antihistamine medications (oral and drops) may help alleviate these symptoms.
- Encourage your child to wear a hat to keep pollen out of their eyes.
- Use a wet washcloth to clean off their eyelids and face.
- Apply a cool wet compress to their eyes if they feel a great urge to rub their eyes to achieve relief from itching.
- Avoid eye rubbing! Rubbing makes it worse and increases the risk for infection and changes in the shape of the eyes.
- Remind them to wash their hands after petting any animals.
- Wash bedding and clothes; vacuum floors every week.
- Keep windows in your home and car closed during high pollen periods.
At SeaView Eyecare, we provide comprehensive eye care for you and your children. Our board-certified eye doctors in Wellington have extensive experience with children and conduct eye exams and treatments in a warm, friendly setting.
Come and see our stylish selection of sunglasses and prescription eyewear for adults and children. Parents love our Perfect Protection Plan. In the event that your child’s glasses break due to manufacturer’s defect or that treated lenses become scratched, we provide a replacement pair of glasses.
From eye exams to vision correction and emergency eye care, we are here to help you maintain optimal eye health. We work with most major insurance carriers, so getting the maximum benefit of your coverage becomes an easy and efficient process.
Our state-of-the-art SeaView optometric eye care center in Lake Worth provides comprehensive services for your whole family. We have invested in the latest diagnostic tools to provide you with prescriptions for the clearest vision as well as detect any eye problems. An extensive range of eye wear and sunglasses helps cater to diverse tastes. If we do not have the frames you desire, we will be happy to order them for you! As contracted providers for most insurance plans we can help you make optimal use of your benefits to maintain healthy eyes.
Call SeaView Eyecare at 561-790-7290 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our children’s eye doctor in Wellington, Florida.