Do you need new prescription eyewear for yourself or your kids? With all the eye glass frames available in stores and online, you could spend hours shopping and trying on eye glasses and still not find a frame that looks good on you and fits well. Face shape, frame proportion and color are all important factors to consider, in addition to your lifestyle. Our experienced eye doctor and optical staff in Wellington, FL can offer valuable advice and to help you select eyeglass frames that you will love to wear.
Choosing the right eye glass frames
- Face shape: Is your face round, oval, square, diamond or heart-shaped? Choosing a frame that suits your face shape will enhance your look and confidence. Not sure what your face shape is? We can help with that too when you come into our optical.
- Oval: Look for frames that are as wide (or even wider) than the broadest part of your face to maintain the natural balance. A butterfly-shaped frame might be ideal. Avoid large or oversized frames that cover your face and alter its natural symmetry.
- Round: Square or rectangular frames will make your face look slimmer. Angular frames lengthen the face and a contrasting bridge makes the eyes look further apart. Avoid rimless, small and round frames that will make your face look larger.
- Square: Round or oval-shaped frames will soften the angles of your face. A pair that sits high on your nose is the ideal choice. Avoid square and angular frames that will highlight the squareness of your jaw and make it look bulky.
- Diamond: Oval or cat-eye shaped frames will accentuate your cheekbones and delicate features. Avoid narrow and boxy frames that draw attention to the width of your face.
- Heart: Aviators and rimless frames will balance the width of the forehead with the narrowness of the chin and keep your face from looking top heavy. To draw attention away from the high and broad forehead, select round or oval-shaped eyewear. Avoid frames with color and embellishment at the top that will highlight your forehead.
2.Skin tone: Just like face shape, skin tone will also influence your choice of eyeglass frames. Once you know whether you have warm or cool tones, you can confidently select frame color. To be safe, select the shade that is closest to the color of your skin.
- Warm: A yellow, bronze or golden skin color constitutes a warm tone. Ideal frame colors include: camel, gold, khaki, copper, orange, peach, coral, off-white, bright red and warm blue.
- Cool: Skin with blue or pink undertones is considered a cool tone. Avoid colors that make your face look dull. Hues of plum, magenta, pink, jade, rose-brown, blue-gray, silver and black are preferable.3.Lifestyle: Functionality is an important aspect in frame selection. Consider all the activities you will engage in while wearing your eyeglasses. For instance, if you are a sportsperson, flexible frames that twist and bend without breaking are an ideal choice (Nike’s Flexon is a great option!). At SeaView Eyecare, we can tailor your prescription and your eye exam to your specific hobby or interest. Hunting, fishing, exercising, or even long hours of computer are all activities for which your vision can be more comfortable and clear with the proper selection of frames and lenses.4.Prescription: Near-sighted, Far-sighted, Astigmatism, and trouble reading after your 40thbirthday…these are all specific vision problems for which the proper frame selection can have a significant impact on the clarity of vision you will achieve and your visual comfort at the end of a long day. Frame size, shape, curvature, weight, and design all have a major role in your success in your next pair of glasses. Let our knowledgeable staff guide you in the selection of the frame that is best for you.
At SeaView Eyecare, we provide comprehensive optical services for the whole family, including eye exams, vision correction and emergency eye care. Our experienced optometrists and opticians treat individuals of all ages and know how to put children at ease by making eye exams fun for them. State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment enables us to detect eye disease and accurately correct vision problems. Come and see our stylish selection of sunglasses and prescription eyewear for adults and children. Parents love our Perfect Protection Plan, which provides a replacement pair of frames in the event they break due to manufacturer’s defects or the lenses become scratched.
Schedule an appointment for the entire family. We work with most major insurance carriers and can help you optimize your coverage.
Our state-of-the-art optometric eye care center serving Lake Worth and Wellington, FL provides comprehensive services for your whole family. We have invested in the latest diagnostic tools to provide you with prescriptions for the clearest vision as well as detect any eye problems. An extensive range of eyewear and sunglasses helps cater to diverse tastes. If we do not have the frames you desire, we will be happy to order them for you! As contracted providers for most insurance plans we can help you make optimal use of your benefits to maintain healthy eyes.
Call 561-790-7290 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our eye doctor in Wellington, Florida. At SeaView Eyecare, we provide outstanding products and services to meet your family’s needs. View our range of eye glass frames now.